Glutathione may be considered to be an important antioxidant in the body. It may serve many functions, including glutathione's role with our immune system and the role it may play with cellular detoxification and free radicals.
Glutathione may also play an essential role in glutathione pathways (the metabolic process of glutathion production), which are necessary for glutathione recycling.
Glutathione can be found in plants, bacterias, and other animals. In plants, it is often seen as an important component of their "stress management" capability.
Glutathione in fruits & vegetables
Glutathione can also be found in fruits and healthy greens. Some of the best glutathione-rich fruits and vegetables include:
1. apples – apples are a great source of glutathione and are high in antioxidants. They are also rich in other nutrients, such as fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin A.
2. avocados – avocados are a great source of glutathione and other nutrients, such as healthy fats, fiber, and vitamin C.
3. citrus fruits – citrus fruits are a great source of glutathione and other nutrients, such as vitamin C and bioflavonoids.
5. Broccoli – broccoli is a great source of glutathione and other antioxidants. It is often seen as beneficial for detoxification.
6. Kale – kale is another great source of glutathione and antioxidants. It is often seen as beneficial for the immune system.
7. Spinach – spinach is a high-quality source of glutathione and other nutrients. It is often seen as beneficial for detoxification, energy production, and overall health.
8. Cucumber – cucumbers are a good source of glutathione and other nutrients. They are seen as beneficial for detoxification, weight loss, and overall health.
L-glutathione is a form of glutathione that is often considered to be a more active and bioavailable form of glutathione. L- glutathione can be found in food sources, such as fruits and vegetables, or it can be taken as a supplement. L- glutathione may play a role to support detoxification, immune system function, and glutathione pathways.
Glutathione and sport
Glutathione is sometimes considered as a "master antioxidant". There are existing groups of athletes around the world which may use glutathione for sport muscle recovery. They also consider it an important substance because of its potential role on nitric oxide production post-workout. They might also use glutathione for its potential role on inflammation.
Liposomes are a type of artificial vesicle that is made from phospholipids. They are often used in medicine and biotechnology. Liposomes usually consist of a bilayer, or double layer, of phospholipid molecules that contains an internal aqueous compartment. These vesicles may be useful because they could differently encapsulate other materials for delivery to specific places.
Codeage Liposomal Glutathione
Codeage offers a glutathione supplement with liposomal delivery. This liposomal glutathione supplement features 500 mg of Setria® L-Glutathione supplement per serving and 350 mg Phospholipid complex from non-GMO sunflower oil and lecithin per serving.
Codeage Liposomal Glutathione formula is vegan, non-GMO, dairy and gluten-free.
There are many other reasons people consume or use gluathione all around the world and the use of this particular ingredient seems to be trending higher in the last few years. Glutathione is also often sought after in creams and other beauty and cosmetic products.